Monday 3 September 2012

Introduction

Hi, I'm Anya Mangat and I'm in transition year in Dublin, and I willl be blogging to you about the geography of emotional expressions and developments in different cultures. I know this must seem like a bit of a random and almost dull topic to be blogging about and exploring, but looking at the different ways in which different cultures and people express certain emotions, be it in language or gestures, and why they do what they do to express these emotions requires deep research, and I am almost positive I will come up with some very interesting and unique answers. I will be looking also at how exactly emotional expressions have changed over time, from the first settlers in most places, to the modern day era.  Ever wondered why Italians express happiness and love in such an affectionate, 'hands-on' way? or why the Irish will come up with weird sayings, that don't seem intentionally to insult you, but really they do? I always did, and that's why its about time to research and blog about them. I am basically going to be blogging the reasons how humans act in certain events that trigger emotions, why they react like this, and how this reaction has evolved over the years, in a easy to contemplate way. Hope you enjoy it!

10 comments:

  1. i have a question.. are you qualified to answer questions about emotions? or should we trust you? :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. or should we assume you no nothing? can i true you with personal questions. can anyone trust you?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She explains that she is a transistion year student and so the research she does should be complete :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. But the internet doesnt have all the answers? her research could be false!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never particularly said I was geeting all my infromation off the internet, I shall be conducting interviews as well as using books for reference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you corrected the spelling errors I pointed out!! :P *getting btw

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your comment, i shall take your opinion into consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete